Monday, April 14, 2008

About Me...

I had my first attack 13 years ago during an illness. And then during 3 stressful times i became agoraphobic though I never had any attacks. Then 8 months ago I was ill again and had the second attack. After which due to a unhealthy lifestyle, stresses etc that I only noticed now were piling for about 3 years before that - I had got into this state. Since Nov, 07 is when I actually struggled with PD , A and severe depression. I started a little of everything I mentioned in all my articles and from Feb onwards I've noticed a marked improvement. I'm tapering off my medication slowly and lead an almost normal life now except for the fact I still am not ok about going out alone though its a big step as I see it coz in November I wouldn't get off my bed. Now I can do everything - including teach, play, study, have fun, talk to friends with very less anxiety and have also dealt with the last few attacks alone.

CBT also helped me and I've listed it in my previous articles so you can do it yourself though you might not know that each method listed has a medical name and I've kept it short and simple for ease of understanding. All in all this is to let you know you can be on your road to healing too however hopeless you might feel. 6 months ago I thought the sun would never shine - today I can see a glimmer of its rays and it has been rising ever since. I wish you all my very best in your journey to recovery which is possible and will happen. Give yourself time, love and have patience. And yes, you're not alone. the tide will turn, the rainbow will appear.
And there will be a day you'll write about your journey from dusk to dawn..

Till then...Cheerio :)

3 comments:

David Joseph said...

Hey Ciara...!
I suffered brutually with Panic Attacks too.
Now, well, I still have Panic Attacks, but have learnt to tackle the fear. Just remember the first time I learnt to get through this horrible disorder... wow simple day-2-day life for anyone felt like Heavenly Freedom to me! :)
At first, it was horrible! For around 3 or 4 years, I had no idea what I was having. Many many people thought I was faking the whole thing up. I missed a year of school cause of this!
It was such a BIG relief or as you say 'calmed the tide' when I found out that there were millions of other people too with this problem...!
Anyway, glad to see another "victim" "on the road to recovery".
Oh and, Really nice blog... keep blogging

David

Dotm said...

Hi Cece,
Sorry I haven`t been posting here lately, but I lost the way here and just found it. Hope you know that I think of you often and pray for an easier life for you. Keep your chin up Honey, remember others do care and I am one of them. Love and hugs, Dot

Dotm said...

Hi, I tried to remove your name, but couldn`t. Sorry. My heart goes out to you.
Love, Dot