Saturday, July 5, 2008

July 08

Its been a while I've blogged. I have quite a bit to talk about. Let me start by filling you in on what has been happening. Well there is good news. I have been meeting friends outside home, I am following my daily planner of things to do and I actually have been to church and felt quite ok. Being agoraphobic, it wasn't easy to do any of this earlier. And yes I have gone out and met friends alone, been to nearby shops by myself and can stay home alone without panicking.

This time has given me the opportunity to do the things I love doing. I have started on my hobby stuff, on and off i do catch a cold or stomach upset and then I have to take it easy. Yet overall I am definitely feeling great. It's been so much better and I'm already wondering whether everything I wrote about actually happened. Coz it feels so not like me right now.

Good news is also that I do have few symptoms - dizziness, headaches, etc yet I can stay calm. I know whatever happens, it will pass and I will be well again. So that keeps you going.

Right now I am running a slight fever and have this cold yet it's getting better. Nothing compares to the horrible ordeal I went through since Nov. I can say I have seen an improvement since April. It took a good 6 months to start doing normal activities. And the last 2 months I have been just continuing what I planned to do. I must say it helps. Get a plan out and make some goals and start at it slowly - step by step. One day at a time. And see how things get better and beautiful.

Till next time.
XXX

1 comment:

Dotm said...

A lot of good advice and best is that you are smart enough to take your own advice and make good use of it.
I understand part of it because there were a couple years when I seldom went anyplace except to see family or grocery shopping. Later I found it hard to walk into a department store alone- seemed even harder to breath, but I started forcing myself- at first just long enough to buy what I needed, then I started walking around the store a little longer each time I went. After a while I was able to walk in the store just like any other person would without feeling any nervous tension. Sometimes you have to push yourself a little like I did, but in time things do get better.